Tuesday, January 18

extending an olive branch

Wasn't it a relief to see the sunshine today at last?

It's been such a shame to have a lovely new camera and not be able to use it because the weather has been so wet and dingy, let alone leaving for work in the dark and coming home in the dark- I've been suffering with a serious bout of seasonal affective disorder! Yesterday was my birthday and the rain poured down all day. Mid January is always a depressing time to have a birthday, what with the inevitable counting of the days to the post-Christmas payday and I'm never especially happy to grow another year older.

So imagine how my spirits were lifted when I came home from work to find I had received a surprise delivery of two beautiful olive trees?





It's as if the Mediterranean has been brought straight into my own back yard!



I do hope they bear lots of delicious fruit this summer.

  

Thanks mum!


I got lots of other lovely birthday presents too- more about that later on in the week xx


11 comments:

  1. happy birthday x have a lovely relaxing night x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Charley you are a lucky girl these are gorgeous. HappY Birthday hun! It's my Charlie's birthday on Thursday, two charlie(ey)'s birthdays in the same week! Big Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift, bringing summer that little bit closer.
    Hope you had a great birthday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what you needed for all those embryonic plans for the outside space! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday you and what a lucky girl.

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a fab pressie, i have an ickle olive tree and it flowered last year - never seen olive flowers before but the are really cute. Hope you get some olives. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's an inspired present - it beat's bubble bath hands down! Happy (belated) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x