Today Flora's Rainbow Guide group had a trip out to a local activity farm. For some unbeknown reason Steve had volunteered us to come along as helpers- a task that did not fill me full of enthusiasm, especially when we awoke to pouring rain this morning.
However, the sight of numerous cute baby livestock was enough to melt even my stony heart and I soon found myself getting into the swing of things.
It was the same farm that we took Pearl to for her birthday in November and it really is such a fun day out, even in grotty weather.
It's far more 'hands on' than any of the other farms we've been to- the children get plenty of opportunity to feed and stroke the animals, collect eggs from the chicken coop and even take the baby goats for a walk on leads.
Those of you with primary school age children are bound to recognise the books from the Oxford Reading Tree with Biff, Chip and Kipper. The 'At the Farm' book in the series is actually based on this farm, with all the illustrations a true likeness of the actual farmyard and barn.
I ended up having a really wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed helping out with the other little girls. I never tire of conversations with children and their ability to find fun and laughter in everything they do. I came away wishing I was able to help out more regularly, but sadly I don't think I have any more spare time to commit.
It's sad that half term is nearly over, we've all had such a lovely week hanging out together. Hope your weekend is lots of fun x
looks like great fun! can't believe half term is nearly over, boo hoo!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what a brilliant day. Ru would have loved to come. Lou x
ReplyDeleteLooks as though you had a fun day, I will look out for that book when Hebe brings her reading books home from school :)
ReplyDeleteHello! I don't know if it would help but Beirut are in Hyde Park on the 30th June (along with Arcade Fire, the gig of my dreams!)
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great weekend,
Sarah x