Meet Nick.
During our trip to the farm a few weeks ago, Flora entered a competition to name one of the newborn kids. To my suprise, I had a call this week to say that Flora's entry 'Nick' had been selected as one of the winning names (I can only assume they pulled the names out of a hat!)
So today we all went along, free of charge, to officially name the kid and collect Flora's prize.
We all had such a lovely time and were treated like royalty! We'll be coming back regularly to watch Nick grow up.
Can you guess what we had for lunch at the end of our visit?
ssshhhhhhh....goat burgers. And delicious they were too!
Well done Flora, I think Nick is a cool name for a goat! (they might have too and not just picked it out of a hat) looks like a cool day out. Pearl looking really pretty, although the picture of her hanging off a bar at the top of a barn did make me think oooh be carefull! Though it is a cool picture. glad you had a fab weekend!
ReplyDeleteHaha re the barn- Steve is just out of shot on the left (in fact you can just see his hair). Actually Nick is quite a cute name isn't it- I bet they get bored of the same old 'clever' suggestions x
ReplyDeleteHa, having looked again I can see the hair!, the photo below is just Darling. Both your girls have amazing eye's. Cant believe its Monday again tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteWell hello Nick! Flora looks pleased as punch feeding her new pet. Shame we couldnt make it today.... looks like a great day out. And would love to have tried the (shh wont say it) burger too... I've never eaten that particular animal! xx
ReplyDeleteLou- the burger was really really yummy- I can't understand why it isn't more commonly eaten. I think it was twice as nice as a beef burger and much less fatty. x
ReplyDeleteJust noticed it's the same kid as the one I photographed in this picture https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ivu_yT1thDE/TWkiBp3X-QI/AAAAAAAACaU/H_eVLQIW0aM/s1600/None
ReplyDeleteamazing how much he's grown in a month!
'Nick' is a wonderful name. I have been getting pretty enthused about keeping chickens since I decided that 'Doug' would be a perfect name for a hen...
ReplyDeleteNice "kids"! I can't believe what you had for dinner, lol!! Just a little twisted! You have lovely daughters. I have a blonde and a brunette too.
ReplyDeleteEeeekkkkk - poor little goaty...nod, nod, wink, wink.
ReplyDeleteNina xxx
What a great day out and such lovely and fun pictures! Well done to Flora! x
ReplyDeleteWell done Flora - looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDelete