Friday, April 22

really good friday

Wow- what a scorchio Bank Holiday! We've had the most perfect day at beautiful  Bowood exploring, picnicking and playing with Lou of Little Green Shed and her perfectly gorgeous family.


Her boys and my girls seem to be kindred spirits.


I don't think the children could quite believe their luck when we arrived at the adventure playground, although they seemed to have equally as much fun pottering about in the grounds and exploring down by the stream. It was such a wonderful, varied place, we'll definitely be going back.

Thank you lovely Lou for inviting us, we can't wait to see you all again very very soon- hopefully a little camping trip is in order next!

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Easter weekend- allotmenting tomorrow, our first car boot of the season on Sunday, cinema on Monday and squeezing in some baking and Easter crafts in between. Hope this amazing weather sticks with us!

Happy Easter everyone xx

13 comments:

  1. That's so lovely, you all look as though you've had a fabby day, did Lou and yourself have a go on the scramble net? Go on fess up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwar! Big kisses and hugs! It was an absolutely wonderful day.. we are all still totally relaxed and dreamy. Yes yes to camping... I think it will brilliant fun (and yes to cider!!). Perfect photos you took... love the one of charlie and flora. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant photograph's, thumbs up!

    It's lovely taking children outdoors to explore nature and have fun!

    All must of been tired at the end x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pod thankfully we had our fellas with us to rescue stranded children from the tops of nets and ladders, so no need for undignified scrambling!

    @lou it was so fab- can't wait to see you pics too

    @mum2alesha thankyou for popping by, the girls were tired and slept in the car, so unfortunately they don't seem so tired now it's bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is exactly how i would like to be spending my day today. so fun! gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blissful day you've all had. Just lovely.
    I've just discovered your blog and have been oggyling your gorgeous Pyrex finds (as well as your fab photography).

    Such a treat to discover a smashing blog to enjoy reading much more of over this long weekend. Enjoy your Easter.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photographs! WOW, looks like a fun and happy day. One can't have too many of those, (fun and happy days.)

    May I ask what kind of camera you are using? Your photos are stunning. I am thinking of buying a new camera this summer and I get lost every time I start researching. Seeing is believing. :)

    Hope you and your family continue to have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great way to spend the bank holiday, i can't quite believe this weather, i'm really in holiday mode!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Bianca- shame you're too far away to join us. Have a lovely weekend.

    @Curlew Country- Thankyou for stopping by and for your lovely comments. Nice to meet you.

    @Sixpence- I have an Olympus PEN like this one http://www.johnlewis.com/230926748/Product.aspx I got it in January and have loved every second of having it- so easy to use and the results are just lovely.

    @Kelly- it's even hotter here today, incredible! Sunscreen at the ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Just wanted to say congratulations and let you know that your blog has been nominated in the MAD Blog Awards for UK parent blogs.
    If you’d like to find out more about the awards and the prizes on offer, then head over to www.the-mads.com.
    We will be publishing details of all the nominees in all the categories on Monday morning, and nominations are open until 5pm that day – so if you’d like to take part, make sure you encourage all your friends, family and readers to keep nominating!
    Best of luck and well done on your nomination.
    Sally
    The MAD Blog Awards

    ReplyDelete
  11. you all look like you have had a great day out, we have truly been spoilt with such fab weather x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the info on the camera. I will be looking into this one. I LOVE your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great adventure Enjoy your Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x