Sunday, April 24

rolling with the homies

I do hope everyone has been having a wonderful Easter Sunday and feels suitably slightly sick due to chocolate scoffing.

Our day started off a little dubiously, as we'd got up early to go to our first car boot sale of the year, only to find we had to queue for the best part of an hour to park there and that the goods on offer were generally pretty rubbish. To make matters worse, the only pyrex I found was in Autumn Glory, a pattern I don't collect. An early start also made for crabby children, so by lunchtime I'd almost given up hope of saving the day.

However, this afternoon the sun came out and we walked on up to a hillside to roll the hard boiled eggs that the girls had painted yesterday.


Local people call this spot 'Humpty Dumpty Hill' and apparently, generations of children have returned here year upon year to roll their eggs. The last time we walked up here was to go sledging on Christmas day.


The novelty of egg rolling quickly turned in to throwing the eggs as hard and as far as possible down the hill...


Some eggs survived, while others did not...



and after frolicking about on the hillside, the girls recharged their energy by tucking into eggs of the sweet, sticky variety.


Om nom nom! x

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, looks like an absolutely glorious day. Beautiful photos, especially that first one. We didn't paint any eggs, but the boys did get a 'hairy egg' each from my sister - coconuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I hope you have better luck next time at the car boot sale. Happy Easter...

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humpty Dumpty Hill -- Love that! My boys would love to give this a try and it would most certainly become an egg toss very quickly too. Ending the egg toss, I mean, roll with Cadbury chocolate sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beatiful photos of just not caring of everything around you and just enjoying the moment, oh i remember those days x glad you and your family had a good easter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, it looks like so fun!!! Beautiful family of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, this is such fun and the pictures are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x