Sunday, April 24

the mads

Yesterday I was surprised and rather chuffed to receive a message letting me know that F&P has been nominated in the 2011 MAD awards. Even though I've been blogging for a year now, I still feel a bit of a bloggy virgin as I tend to just bumble along writing and photographing for my own entertainment (and to aid my terrible memory) and the fact that other people read my posts and seem to enjoy them is a bonus. So I never really realised that there were award ceremonies and prizes and wotnot- this message was the first I'd heard of such a thing. Apparently those shortlisted get inviting to a proper award ceremony and everything!

It seems F&P is nominated for two categories- family life and photography. Thank you so much to whoever nominated me- I've no idea who it was, or whether it was several people. If anyone else would like to join in with the nominations for their favourite family-themed/parenting blogs (or would like to put in an extra good word for F&P), pop over and fill out a voting form- nominations close at 5pm tomorrow (Monday).

MAD Blog Awards 2011

Oh and whilst on the subject of awards, can I thank the lovely Bears Footprints and Flight Platform Living for tagging me on their blogs recently. It honestly gives me such a buzz that people enjoy reading my little blog. Because I'm ultra lazy and just not interesting enough to have that many random facts about myself, can I point you in the direction of a recent random-facty bloggy award-accepting post and ask that you all have a look in my sidebar at all the other lovely, inspiring blogs that I regularly read and enjoy- I'm going to be updating it again over the next few days.



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nomination, much deserved!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the nomination - I really enjoy your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for your nomination - I love the way you show us the "proper" childhood things your family get up to, like the den-building and the walks, and of course the allotment. A very sweet and inspiring blog, as well as it being stuffed with scrummy vintage finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations thats so exciting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done - congratulations on your nomination! have you been rehearsing an oscar style acceptance speech...just incase?!?!?!? i love your blog - i've no idea how i found you online - but i'm glad i did! as a mum of 3 small children, i can relate to your blog and all the adventures you guys get up to...infact, if you lived round the corner i'd pop round for a cuppa!!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - I've just found your blog through Vicky at http://theowlandtheaccordion.blogspot.com/, and I'm now following you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    You have won a little price at Me Old China.
    Please forward your address.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x