Thursday, June 2

piano ♥

This evening our new pride and joy arrived, with a bit of help from my father in law and his horse box.


We had been picked to be the lucky new owners of this fabulous antique mahogany piano, which had been advertised on Freecycle.


Once she's had a bit of a clean up and a professional tuning, I'm having visions of cozy family sing-songs on chilly nights for many years to come. I'd better get practising!


I'd also love to give her a lick of jolly paint to cheer her up, like this wonderful mustard piano, which would be perfect for our dining room...


 
So, what do you think we should call her?



14 comments:

  1. You must call her Bessie. And you must not paint her mustard yellow, the chair is enough. I am being very bossy and must take myself to bed. I've been watching too much Nanny McPhee clearly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous - really! Lucky you. Wishing you many cosy family evenings in around the ole Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont listen to flora (bossy boots!).... paint her. A friend of mine painted hers white, very libarache! mustard yellow like those youve pinned are cool! lucky find. lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh name: sylvie. or gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flora- the chair won't be staying there as it's one of my dining chairs- I need to find an adjustable piano stool from somewhere (or I quite like the way the yellow piano people are using a drum stool...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fantastic find! I dream of having a piano someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it... what a lucky girl you are to find that little sweetie. will have to think on a name though. maybe, you'll have to sit with her a little while and see what comes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I am a brown wood freak, but! It would be sacralidge to paint her (yes piano's are female) The yellow piano is a boring 70's style not a beautiful, Mahogany Piano. Just look at her wood, it is something that needs some beeswax and love, you can make her shine and you will love giving her a good buff to make her sparkle as you play. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant find! It looks so cozy already. I've never thought of painting a piano, but I love the mustard colour, or maybe a peacock blue? I think you should name her Mathilda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about Diana, seeing as she's sitting under that fab picture? Pleeeese don't paint her - that mahogany is toooo luscious (oh, and Ms Ross did a film of that name too, ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, can you see the shade of green that my eyes have turned? I just love the photo of the children tinkling away on the old ivories, what it's all about really. I'm another one in the 'don't paint' camp, she is a stunner just the way she is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See I would be half tempted to paint it just to make it look lighter, i'm not sure why and I think I would probably end up regretting it, i'm not sure on a name though hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh, lovely - lucky you! I miss my piano...very jealous. It's lovely, and I also think just a bit of love and polish...it's too nice to paint. Those old black 'school' pianos on the other hand, great idea!

    How about Bella as a name?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen a painted piano. A part of me thinks it is a tad sacrilegious but at the same time I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x