Our strawberry crop has been pretty dismal this year. I think the long drought at the end of Spring didn't agree with them, despite our desperate attempts to keep them well watered. So this afternoon we went to fill our boots at a nearby PYO.
We grabbed two punnets and split off into teams- Steve and Flora stuffing one and Peal and I hunted for the juiciest berries to fill the other.
After a good bit of hunting, we soon had two punnets brimming with red, plump berries (and two kidlets with rather juicy chops!)
These babies are destined for some scrumptious Eton Mess and I thought I might also try making ice cream for the first time. That's if there's any strawbs left after Pearl scoffed a load and shared them with a guinea pig she made friends with...
Happy weekend xx









Such sweetness, little Pearl and her new strawberry loving friend xox
ReplyDeleteLovely strawberries , must pop up to our pick your own place ... Beautiful pictures ... Pearl looks like she's enjoying that strawberry too! Lol xx
ReplyDeleteNothing - nothing! - beats a freshly picked strawberry! This is my first time visiting your blog. It's very sweet. And cute kids too. Kellie xx
ReplyDelete