Monday, August 29

toggle the tortoise

I hope everyone has been enjoying their bank holiday weekend. It's been really rather windy and chilly here, I even ended up lighting a fire on Saturday night- I hope it warms up before our last camping trip of the season next week. We've just spent this weekend pottering- going swimming, trying out a new indoor play centre, visiting the sweetie shop  and snuggling up indoors with dvds from the library.

This morning we popped over to see my dad who was tortoise-sitting for a friend, who has had him since his childhood. Cue much hysterical excitement from two little girls...


It's hard to believe that this handsome fellow (who goes by the name of Toggle) is in his forties- beats the five years my childhood guinea pigs lasted!

8 comments:

  1. Oh he's so beautiful and looking good as a forty-something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Toggle is gorgeous, I would have been excited too. He's like a mini dinosaur :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie. Fingers crossed the weather improves for your camping trip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou tells me that you are off to Thistledown next week which I blogged about at the start of the month. It is fab there & you can have a campfire which will help to warm you up! Hobbs House Bakery in Nailsworth (about 2 miles away) does great coffee & lush cakes to keep the chills at bay!
    Have a great time - am jealous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Nan and Grandad had a tortoise for many years, he was so sweet and quite a character. Thanks for bringing back happy memories for me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are such fascinating creatures, imagine a life long pet!
    Happy camping, we're hoping to squeeze in a last trip too, hope the rain stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an amazing creature. And how beautiful! I once saw a couple of turtles with more then 100 years! They were huge and moved very very slowly, but always together. It was quite a sight, never forgot it.

    I left you something on my blog: http://if-madewithlove.blogspot.com/2011/08/versatile-blogger.html
    Hope you enjoy it!
    **

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think more people need to read blogs like this. the videos are perfect for what youre trying to say. Awesome, man. Really awesome! Cant wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x