Thursday, September 1

kew gardens

My lovely dad took us to Kew Gardens today as an end-of-summer treat. It was my first visit and I wasn't disappointed; I'm still trying to decide which bit I liked best- the palm house, the cacti, the giant lily pads or the aeriel walkway.

Excuse some of the fuzzy pictures, my lens kept steaming up with the humidity in the hot houses..


 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photographs, I never thought I was into flowers and the like till I went to the Royal Botanic gardens in Edinburgh, the height and the colour of the plants are mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos. I quite love the dreamy aspect of the fogged up ones. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks wonderful. I love your picture of the stair case with the sunlight behind it - beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like just a perfect day. I love going to Kew, but haven't been since the aerial walkway was put in. You have inspired me to go again soon. The steamy picture from the hot house is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat indeed! I'd love to go to Kew gardens. I'm not aware of anything like that in France. The children seemed to enjoy it and I love the staircase x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i've never been but really want to go now! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. How amazing are those lily pads?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been so thank you for this insight. I really like that glittery skull, that would be fun in the garden. Great photo of the spiral staircase, looks mystical. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh beautiful! I've not been and its always on my wish list. Thats it i'm going! xxxx Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to go now after seeing your stunning photographs, such magnificance xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Kew Gardens but I haven't been for years. After seeing your lovely photos it has gone straight to the top of my list of things to do next time we go to London.
    Have a lovely time this weekend - looks like you will have great weather, but take that hot water bottle just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what gorgeous pictures! I've never been to Kew Gardens, despite having once lived in Ealing Broadway, but I think I'll definitely be paying a visit soon.

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha! we were there last week (tuesday and thursday)...have a look at my blog...we've got the same eye for photos (spooky) - it's a great place isn't it!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photographs - we were hoping to go again this summer holiday but never got round to it. Hopefully if the weather lasts we might go - you've encouraged me to go back again!
    z

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos. The steamy fuzziness makes them almost ethereal. I only went to Kew a year ago. Is it wrong that I want to go back already? Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x