Saturday, December 31

out with the auld


Farewell to 2011- it's been a funny sort of year where I feel like I've achieved little in some ways, but a lot in others. I've done very little in the way of creativity this year (that Ysolda beret is still on the needles, a year down the line), I still haven't worked out how to use the non-automatic settings on my DSLR and I never did nearly as much with our allotment as I'd planned. 

However, other aspects of my (mainly non-bloggy) life have gone well- I started a pretty exciting new job and, after a highly embarrassing incident climbing back up from a beautiful beach in Cornwall (I actually thought I was going to die of a heart attack at the grand old age of 31), I took charge of my health for the first time in my adult life. 48lb down and many hours of sweat later, I still have a way to go, but I'm looking forward to challenging myself further throughout 2012 and am hoping that the girls will notice the difference in my beach-olympics when we return to Cornwall this summer (who knows, I might even brave a swimsuit too!)

So happy new year to one and all, I hope you get all you wish and dream of and 2012 passes without too much misery. And go easy on those resolutions! xx

6 comments:

  1. xxxxxxx I don't have anything else to say! apart from xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and your lovely family :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats in your health goals--so inspiring. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! I'm so with you on the fitness my parents always put me to shame when we visit and go hiking up cliffs. Do you have a Nikon? I recently bought a new magazine that's out which is aimed only at Nikon users and it has really good bite size articles of how-to's (actually probably a good mag for non Nikon users too) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x