It's hard to believe we've lived in our cosy little home for a year now. In many ways it's flown by, but in others it feels like we've been here forever. The one room I'd not got round to properly sorting out since we moved in was the dining room and it had turned into a bit of a dumping ground for things that didn't belong anywhere else. So this weekend, after a trip to Ikea to buy additional shelving, I set about organising this space once and for all.
You will notice that I have finally got a crafting space, all of my very own, with a shelf high enough to keep small fingers away from my best scissors! It's been a really good excuse to rummage through my fabric scraps and oddments of yarn- just the kick I needed to get my creative juices flowing again.
Having seen my greatly under-used sewing machine looking all happy and shiny in its new space, I felt the need to try it out immediately. Luckily I had a star-puncher and some newspaper to hand and whipped up a thrifty Christmas decoration for the mantelpiece...
Happy days!



Love your garland - perfect. I think the key to doing sewing is to have a spot for your machine. Even though I only have to lift mine out of a cupboard it doesn't always get done because it seems so much more effort that picking up the crochet hook. Too lazy. Your room looks lovely & cosy ;)
ReplyDeleteI've tagged you in the #foodbloggersunpluged. I hope you don't mind. It's nice to get a mention, isn't it and I hope it fills you with a little warm glow. Love your Mumma space - every home should have one.
ReplyDeleteglad you have a corner to call your own!
ReplyDeleteI love your room and your space. The star garland is so cute. Btw, love the painted chairs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful space! I love the gravy boats on the mantle (Pyrex may I assume?). I keep my good scissors in an antique train case that the kids can't open (yet). Your space really inspires me!
ReplyDeleteA crafty girl always needs a space of her own I say. It all looks lovely and snug and neat, beautiful! Loving your starry spangled garland too xox
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteLove that little garland - you've inspired me to get at the sewing machine!
And your daughters Hockney inspired picture is great - bet she's really proud to have it pride of place above the fireplace :)
How great that you have organized a family space while also carving out a little space for yourself.
ReplyDeleteoh every mama needs a little crafting nook. Well done
ReplyDeleteoohh you lucky thing, that looks like a fantastic space to create.
ReplyDeleteI really like your house from what I've seen of it, it's got loads of character. The star garland is great.
ReplyDeleteIs this my perfect room, or what? I can't even list all of the things I love about it, but the painted chairs, school desk and old, wooden piano are way up there as favourites. Beautiful! Xx
ReplyDeleteLove it! It looks fab :)
ReplyDeleteA very enviable collection of gravy boats you have there too! Also loving the framed beach huts x
def a very nice space! def loving the pics you shared!!
ReplyDeletehttp://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
What a lovely little space! High shelves are always a feature in our house too - toddlers have an uncanny way of reaching things that you think are way out of their grasp!
ReplyDeletex