Sunday, January 15

weekending

What a beautiful, bright, crisp weekend- I can't tell you how happy the sunlight has made me. I managed to squeeze in two chilly woodland walks, a blissful child-free night away in an Oxford hotel and several hours digging on my first trip of the year to the allotment, all in two days. Signs of spring are already peeping through the frost.





12 comments:

  1. lovely. thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos! Lucky you have a night away, child free! Sounds like a perfect weekend. lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Child free night! how blissful. Love the photo of the bike - parked exactly where it shouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photographs! Especially the snowdrops :)
    I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award for being one of my top 5 favourite blogs :) http://daffodilsandsnowdrops.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award-share-some-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures :-). I'm impressed you packed so much into the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect weekend, we did have amazing weather wish it would stay!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognise some of those places in your photos! I live and work in Oxford :) I'm trying to put my finger on where I know the last photo from though...please tell me!
    I've arrived at your blog from the lovely Em at Daffodils and Snowdrops, and what a super blog your blog is!
    emmalemonade x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics, Oxford is a perfect place for a little grown-up get away sans kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if you did a little shopping! Lovely photos - everywhere is looking so Springlike now. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just re-looked at this post and noticed the snow drops? They are out already? Wow that's early!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the frost on the oak leaf - and the bike parked against the railings, underneath the 'no bikes' sign!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x