Happy Saturday! We're having a quiet weekend snuggling in doors, as poor Pearl has chicken pox and we're all a bit worn out. I'm hoping to get up to the allotment tomorrow, weather dependent, to plant my garlic (overdue job, I know!).
This week, I saw in my 32nd birthday and I was spoiled with lots of lovely cards and presents. I also ran my first ever 5k, probably a bit of an odd thing to do on the evening of your birthday, but I'm feeling very proud as I've never ran further than the bus stop in my life! I'm hoping to run in a proper organised event later in the year, but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to do a half marathon just yet.
I finished off the week with a rather exciting Pyrex purchase, spotted in a charity shop on a work-related trip to Somerset.
It's the coral-pink sister of my blue Gaiety divided dish, that I was so excited to find last year. £2.50 of utter Pyrex joy!
Don't they look happy together?
I also had another nice Pyrex surprise this week, when a parcel arrived containing this fab pot stand:
These were being given away on the modern Pyrexware website last year, but were only available to those living in the USA, so I had asked an American friend to apply for one on my behalf. I had completely forgotten all about it until she contacted me just after Christmas to check my address. I absolutely love it- so much fun!
I can't quite decide what to do with it, as it is far too lovely to use, so for now it's hanging by the bread oven in my dining room, complimenting some of my other favourite Pyrex-related bits and bobs.




Wow what a great week. Loving that pink pyrex, you always find the good stuff! My charity shop hunting has become non-existent. Get well Pearl! love all of us! xxx p.s. your home is looking gorgeous at the moment!
ReplyDeletewhat a find - i'm always on the look out but never find any nice pyrex - glad you had a good birthday & well done for the 5k x
ReplyDeleteI saw that very same Pyrex dish in one of my local chaz shops this week. With its lid. I knew I should've bought it dammit! Lovely pot stand and enjoyed the peak at your beautiful home.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday too!
Glad you had a great birthday and well done on your run. I've started running too in the last few months, me and my SIL are going to do an organised run soon I hope. Love the Pyrex - I never find that snowflake design one much to my annoyance! Grrrr! Your dining room looks great - a piano - v jealous & the fireplace!
ReplyDeleteSam xx
(my garlic is not in either!)
Happy birthday! And congatulations on the run. I could certainly not do that. Loving your new pyrex and your room :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday, love the look of your kitchen!
ReplyDeleteoooh I often see pyrex whilst I'm out thrifting, but never buy it because I don't have a house of my own :( one day I'd love a collection like yours! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove it! They're a great colour combo... going to have to keep an eye out for pyrex now you've shown me how pretty it is!
ReplyDelete