Truly the most fantastic and impossibly polite festival I have ever been to, Indietracks takes place at the ridiculously cute Midland Railway Centre, with bands playing on the steam trains and in a charming tin tabernacle church. We all had so much fun twirling about to ukuleles in our charity shop chic finest, making superhero costumes and eating the most amazing buritos I have ever tasted. I honestly wish I could live off them.
The sun even shone most of the time, to our great surprise and our new super-sized family tent was a great success (though not nearly as pretty as our old teepee), which bodes well for our week camping in Cornwall in August. Hurrah for the summer!
If you love a bit of twee and would like to support the railway centre, you can download the compilation of 2012's line-up for a donation here. You won't be disappointed.
PS our bottoms even made it onto one of the festival reviews- haha! The fame!















That looks and sounds totally lovely! Would love to get to some little festivals next year, ta for the recommendation! Rachel :)
ReplyDeleteYour post gave me quite a jolt - my beautiful friend Christine is buried in the woods behind the railway centre. We all met in that tiny church to remember her before we all got on a train that took us into the woods for her woodland burial. She would totally love the fact that there is a cool festival happening on her doorstop. Looks like a great festival and thanks for the lovely pictures that have made me think so much about friends tonight x
ReplyDeletegosh, I bet it was a wonderful place for a funeral- so peaceful and beautiful. Some morons vandalised the church last year and the festival-goers raised the money to replace the smashed windows x
DeleteCute, gorgeous and fabulous darling.....though I'm talking about the whole thing - not the famous bottoms.....naturally. Though I'm sure they are.
ReplyDeleteHappy camping
Nina x
Wowsers your hair looks brilliant! And what a truly amazing festival - so original. We got a family tent too, so sadly it was bye bye to our Celia Birtwell teepee too - I miss her. x
ReplyDeleteWe will have to have a girls-only Celia Birtwell teepee resurrection weekend sometime!
Delete